Work for us
As a growing company, SBS is always looking for professional,
dynamic staff to be part of a team delivering first class services!
If you are interested in working for a friendly, innovative company and any of the vacancies below are of interest to you, please download and complete an application form and send to SBS HR.
What SBS offers...
Ongoing development and learning
Competetive rates of pay
Work available in all regions
Flexible working arrangements
Senior Finance Consultant
Competitive salary & benefits
Are you an experienced education finance professional with a strong interest in finance systems? We are looking for a dynamic, team player with excellent accounting systems knowledge (PS Financials/IRIS Financials, Sage, FMS, RM, Xero) to join our growing team.
Working closely with our Lead Finance Consultant and other colleagues to deliver first class finance support to schools and academies, you will be part of a strong, supportive and dedicated team with a focus on cross-team training and skills development.
You should be a good communicator and feel confident in dealing with school and academy staff at all levels, advising on budget management and forecasting and monthly, quarterly and annual statutory returns. You will be a strong advocate of systems best practice, particularly accounting software.
Service delivery will be a mixture of onsite and offsite (remotely delivered).
Benefits include 25 days of annual leave, commission and bonus structure, employee discounts, Pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and Death in Service scheme.
Principal Job Role
To provide high quality strategic advice and guidance to our customers. The post holder will be joining a professional team of experts, working independently in a variety of schools and academies with an expectation to deliver a high standard of expertise in strategic financial management. This role will be working in a selection of maintained, academy or free schools. The workload is varied and is blended to suit the customer. This position requires someone who can fit into a variety of situations, listen, understand and interpret information in a calm and consistent way, providing solutions, advice and guidance, ensuring our customers feel supported every step of the way.
- Understand education strategic direction and provide leadership in strategic and financial planning
- Prepare and contribute towards short, medium and long term financial plans
- Advise on the most effective use of resources
- Advise on contract and risk management
- Provide clear financial information, advice and guidance to Headteachers, Board of Governors/Trustees
- Prepare and submit statutory returns for maintained schools to include Quarter returns, Capital returns, CFR returns
- Prepare and submit statutory returns for academies to include Land and Buildings return, BFRO, BFR3Y, SRMSAT, Annual Accounts return
- Prepare and submit annual budgets to LAs/EFSA as appropriate
- Prepare and submit monthly management accounts and attend meetings where required to discuss the financial position of the establishment
- Meet with auditors where required
- Perform Internal Scrutiny in schools to improve resource efficiency
- Carry out independent verification of private fund accounts
- Provide training in financial processes, systems and management
- Ensure regularity, propriety and value for money is achieved through the management of public funds
- Ensure delegated financial authorities are respected
- Provide advice and guidance on fit for purpose policies and procedures
- Provide support, guidance, information and challenge to schools and academies
- Manage customer and team relationships in a professional manner
- Provide advice and guidance on procurement and tenders
- An understanding of education finance trends is required to ensure you have up to date knowledge to communicate to our schools and academies
- Responsibility for keeping up to date with current changes in education legislation and guidance
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and colleagues, anticipating and managing concerns and ensuring key people are engaged. Any concerns must be reported to your line manager immediately.
- Maintain accurate records, ensuring that all information relating to schools is kept confidentially and filed in accordance with SBS guidelines
- Ensure communication flow with Finance Service Lead and the Lead Finance Consultant for additional work carried out that exceeds the customer’s contract.
- Time management of workload and managing expectations of our customer’s contracts.
- Identify new opportunities within the Education Sector and discuss with your line manager.
- Provide support and advice to other team members as required.
- Attend and contribute to all team meetings.
- Maintain level of personal skills and knowledge through CPD.
- Finance systems used include PS Financials, Sage, FMS, RM, Xero (training can be provided)
Any additional duties commensurate with the post as specified by the Managed Service Team Leader
Senior ICT Consultant (Field based)
Competitive salary & benefits
Working as part of the ICT team to deliver a consistently excellent service to our schools, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction to achieve high levels of customer retention and service growth. Providing both onsite and offsite ICT support to schools.
1. Provide ICT technical support and guidance to all SBS clients and staff
2. Act at all times with integrity and provide a pleasant professional manner
3. Maintain effective communication with colleagues and customers
4. Mentoring and guiding Junior engineer’s in best practice procedures
5. Liaising with internal and external ICT partners and colleagues to identify and close new opportunities
6. Assisting in the management and development of the Schools ICT infrastructure
7. Keeping abreast of news and ICT Education developments
8. Covering for other members of the ICT team as required.
9. Extensive ICT knowledge, covering:
- Server operating systems; Windows 2008 and up
- MS Server Virtualisation, and Backup
- SAN / NAS Deployment and Operation
- Desktop Windows 10 and up
- Network methodologies and protocols, including Fibre technologies
- Wireless Technologies, implementation and configuration including requirement surveys
- Large scale ICT Project deployment
- Telephony, CCTV and Cashless Catering