Build a career at SBS
As a growing company SBS is always looking for experienced, professional staff to be part of its team which delivers a first class service to its customers.
If you are dynamic, experienced, professional and looking to work within a thriving company and any of the vacancies below are of interest to you, please download and complete an application form and send to SBS HR.
Company benefits include:
- Pension scheme
- Group profit share scheme
- SBS bonus & commission incentive plan
- Covered under our Death in Service Insurance Scheme
- Discount voucher scheme
Download an application form →
School Business Services complies with all relevant UK legislation and does not discriminate on any protected characteristics.
Senior Finance Consultants – Based in London & Staffordshire
Competitive salary + benefits
To provide high quality financial and system advice to our customers. The post holder will be part of a highly professional team, working independently in a variety of schools with an expectation to use their own initiative. There will be an expectation to perform this role within maintained, academy or free schools.
- To provide sound financial advice and financial system support to Schools
- Maintain a good working knowledge of computerised financial systems, including RM, SIMS FMS/Personnel Modules, Integris Finance and any other relevant school software as required.
- Represent SBS on school visits on a regular basis as agreed within the terms of the contract, to advise Head Teachers, senior staff, administrative officers and governing bodies on all aspects of finance, computerised financial systems (e.g. RM, SIMS, Integris banking and accounting requirements).
- Service desk cover is a key requirement of this role.
- To prepare and produce regular monthly monitoring reports to the Head Teacher and Governing Body.
- To prepare and deliver relevant training to School staff as required on a one to one and also a group.
- To provide additional support to schools including personnel, accounts receivable, salary auto-reconciliation and Equipment Register where required.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the SFVS and audit requirements and advise schools accordingly.
- To deal with any school complaints as necessary and provide appropriate feedback to Finance & Business Manager.
- Represent SBS at School Finance Committee Meetings or Governing Body meetings as required, providing relevant financial information, prior to the meeting.
- Provide an efficient help line service to schools when based in the office ensuring all calls are logged.
- Maintain accurate records ensuring that all information relating to schools is kept confidentially and is filed appropriately at SBS with copies backed up to the company’s main server.
- Ensure that information is communicated to the Finance & Business Manager for additional work carried out in schools over and above the School’s Contract in order for the invoices to be raised.
- Identify potential areas of concern or general problems in Schools and provide solutions so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Work collaboratively with schools, for the benefit of all, when issues arising have potential implications for others.
- Be accountable for their work to the Head Teacher, Governing Body and Finance & Business Manager.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with individuals across the Schools, anticipating and managing concerns, ensuring key people are engaged.
- Identify new opportunities within the Education Sector and cross sell other services that we can provide.
- Provide support and advice to other team members as required and deputise for the Finance & Business Manager when required.
- Take responsibility for the development of new software and financial procedural developments as directed.
- Attend, facilitate and contribute to team/office meetings, as required.
- Act as a mentor for new staff, ensuring a smooth transition into their role and providing on going support and feedback through regular meetings. Advise Finance & Business Manager of progress and any issues relating to new team member, suggesting solutions as appropriate.
- Act as an exemplar in own role and coach and guide more junior colleagues, as and when required.
- Develop, create and deliver appropriate training and development programmes as and when required by the Finance & Business Manager.
- Maintain level of personal skills and knowledge through CPD.
Any additional duties commensurate with the post as specified by the Finance & Business Manager.
The closing date for theses roles is 18th January 2019.
Job Description → Person Specification →
If you are interested in the role please download an application form from above and send a completed version to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to SBS House, Marshes End, Upton Road, Poole, Dorset, BH17 7AG
SBS is always interested in hearing from professionals within our industry, so if you feel that you have something to offer SBS please email email@example.com or call 0345 222 1551 – Option 5.