Build a career at SBS
As a growing company SBS is always looking for experienced, professional staff to be part of its team which delivers a first class service to its customers.
If you are dynamic, experienced, professional and looking to work within a thriving company and any of the vacancies below are of interest to you, please download and complete an application form and send to SBS HR.
Company benefits include:
- Pension scheme
- Group profit share scheme
- SBS bonus & commission incentive plan
- Covered under our Death in Service Insurance Scheme
- Discount voucher scheme
Download an application form →
School Business Services complies with all relevant UK legislation and does not discriminate on any protected characteristics.
Competitive salary + benefits
To supervise and be responsible for managing internal accounts administration processes and the line management of the accounts admin team. To maintain a programme of continuous improvement within the Accounts function.
1. Financial Processing
- Prepare the calculation of presentation of VAT and make timely payments to HMRC.
- Manage monthly company payroll run, checking expenses, commissions and overtime claims by department to budget and reporting variances to the Board and Management Team.
- Manage payroll Journal process.
- Responsible for PAYE control and other control accounts.
- Responsible for accounts reconciliation and the monitoring of cash flow.
- Responsible for processing monthly BACS payments.
- Manage capital expenditure and Company’s Asset Register.
- Manage year end activities. (Liaise with Accountants on year end activity)
2. Company Systems & Processes
- Responsible for the customer contract management process.
- Manage XERO & CRM system including relevant training updates and monthly sales invoices from CRM system.
- Manage facilities contracts.
- Manage the Company insurance renewals and new policy requirements (annually).
- Manage the mobile phone contract, reviewing and checking monthly bills to Company policy.
- Assist in the integration of new systems and group company accounts if appropriate.
- Oversee Company expense process together with Audit checks/accounts accuracy for coding and VAT/depts.
3. Supervisor Responsibilities
- Supervise the accounts admin team, their performance and development.
- Ensure current procedure notes in place for all roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure sufficient department cover at all times.
- Prioritise workload as instructed by Accountants/Board of Directors.
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operations.
- Comply with all financial regulations.
- Maintain level of personal skills and knowledge through CPD.
- Attend/participate in networking/group activities.
- Perform any other duties and objectives as required from time to time to contribute to the achievement of the business aims and objectives.
This is a flexible part time role.
Any additional duties commensurate with the post as specified by the Managing Director.
Closing date for this position is 17th August 2018
Job Description → Person Specification →
If you are interested in the role please download an application form from above and send a completed version to us at email@example.com or via post to SBS House, Marshes End, Upton Road, Poole, Dorset, BH17 7AG
SBS is always interested in hearing from professionals within our industry, so if you feel that you have something to offer SBS then click here to contact us.