Build a career at SBS
As a growing company SBS is always looking for experienced, professional staff to be part of its team which delivers a first class service to its customers.
If you are dynamic, experienced, professional and looking to work within a thriving company and any of the vacancies below are of interest to you, please download and complete an application form and send to SBS HR.
Company benefits include:
- Pension scheme
- Group profit share scheme
- SBS bonus & commission incentive plan
- Covered under our Death in Service Insurance Scheme
- Discount voucher scheme
Download an application form →
School Business Services complies with all relevant UK legislation and does not discriminate on any protected characteristics.
ICT Engineer – Based in London
Competitive salary + benefits
The Grade 2 role within the ICT team is the standard level for an SBS ICT engineer. This role will see the jobholder managing school networks and ensuring that the schools ICT service and infrastructure is an example of how ICT within Education should operate. The Grade 2 will understand how SBS requires the ICT service in schools to work and will ask for support and advice at all times to ensure the customer is informed and extremely satisfied with our service.
Grade 2 technicians are expected to aspire to Grade 3 level and have ambition to demonstrate their ability and customer management to achieve this. Grade 2 technicians are expected in most cases to be able to manage primary school networks without constant supervision and support. The jobholder will also ensure the customer is informed at all times with professional reports and excellent communication skills.
Grade 2 technicians will be able to manage straightforward projects and provide on the job practical training whilst keeping the project on track.
- Provide ICT technical support and guidance to all SBS clients and staff
- Act at all times with integrity and provide a pleasant professional manner
- Maintain effective communication with SBS Helpdesk and Assistant ICT Manager
- Managing their time effectively and recording timesheet information in SBS’s online management system
- Carrying out scheduled daily tasks such as checking backup and server re-boot status and providing reports on any activities undertaken and any issues or potential issues encountered
- Liaising with internal and external ICT partners and colleagues on new sales opportunities, projects or remedial activities
- Assisting in the management and development of the Schools ICT infrastructure
- Championing the use of SBS’s ICT service and delivering accurate information and advice
- Keeping abreast of new ICT Education developments
- Covering for other members of the ICT team as required
- Broad ICT knowledge, covering:
- Server operating systems; Windows 2003 and up
- Desktop Windows 7 and up
- Network methodologies, equipment and protocols
- Interactive Classroom Devices; Touch Screens or Interactive Whiteboards
- Excellent people skills and in particular a confident and pleasant telephone manner
- Capable of producing ICT support or educational documentation
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of business application software including the use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Outlook) and contact databases
- Ability to work with other employees or customers who do not have an ICT background
- Ability to communicate persuasively at all levels of the organisation
- Prior experience working within the education sector
Any additional duties commensurate with the post as specified by the Managed Services Team Leader.
Closing date for this post is 13th September 2019.
Person Specification →
If you are interested in the role please download an application form from above and send a completed version to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to SBS House, Marshes End, Upton Road, Poole, Dorset, BH17 7AG
SBS is always interested in hearing from professionals within our industry, so if you feel that you have something to offer SBS please email email@example.com or call 0345 222 1551 • Option 5.