Build a career at SBS
As a growing company SBS is always looking for experienced, professional staff to be part of its team which delivers a first class service to its customers.
If you are dynamic, experienced, professional and looking to work within a thriving company and any of the vacancies below are of interest to you, please download and complete an application form and send to SBS HR.
Company benefits include:
- Pension scheme
- Group profit share scheme
- SBS bonus & commission incentive plan
- Covered under our Death in Service Insurance Scheme
- Discount voucher scheme
Download an application form →
School Business Services complies with all relevant UK legislation and does not discriminate on any protected characteristics.
Senior Finance & Business Consultant – Based in London
Competitive salary + benefits
To provide high quality strategic advice and guidance to our customers. The post holder will be joining a professional team of experts, working independently in a variety of schools and academies with an expectation to deliver a high standard of expertise in strategic financial management.
This role will be working in a selection of maintained, academy or free schools. The workload is varied and is blended to suit the customer.
This position requires someone who can fit into a variety of situations, listen, understand and interpret information in a calm and consistent way, providing solutions, advice and guidance ensuring our customers feel supported every step of the way.
- Understand education strategic direction and provide leadership in strategic and financial planning
- Prepare and contribute towards short, medium and long term financial plans
- Advise on the most effective use of resources
- Advise on contract and risk management
- Provide clear financial information advice and guidance to Headteachers, Board of Governors/Trustees
- Prepare and submit statutory returns
- Prepare and submit annual budgets to LAs/EFSA as appropriate
- Prepare and submit monthly management accounts and attend meetings where required to discuss the financial position of the establishment
- Meet with auditors where required
- Perform admin reviews to improve resource efficiency
- Carry out independent verification of private fund accounts
- Provide training in financial processes, systems and management
- Ensure regularity, propriety and value for money is achieved through the management of public funds
- Ensure delegated financial authorities are respected
- Provide advice and guidance on fit for purpose policies and procedures
- Provide support, guidance, information and challenge to schools and academies
- Manage customer and team relationships in a professional manner
- Provide advice and guidance on procurement and tenders
- An understanding of education finance trends is required to ensure you have up to date knowledge to communicate to our schools and academies
- Responsibility for keeping up to date with current changes in education legislation and guidance
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and colleagues, anticipating and managing concerns and ensuring key people are engaged. Any concerns must be reported to your line manager immediately.
- Maintain accurate records, ensuring that all information relating to schools is kept confidentially and filed inaccordance with SBS guidelines
- Ensure communication flow with Finance Lead for additional work carried out that exceeds the customer’s contract
- Time management of workload and managing expectations of our customer’s contracts.
- Identify new opportunities within the Education Sector and discuss with your line manager.
- Provide support and advice to other team members as required.
- Attend and contribute to all team/office meetings.
- Maintain level of personal skills and knowledge through CPD.
- Finance systems used include PS Financials, Sage, FMS, RM, Corero (training can be provided)
Any additional duties commensurate with the post as specified by your line manager.
Closing date 18th October 2019.
Job Description → Person Specification →
If you are interested in the role please download an application form from above and send a completed version to us at email@example.com or via post to SBS House, Marshes End, Upton Road, Poole, Dorset, BH17 7AG
SBS is always interested in hearing from professionals within our industry, so if you feel that you have something to offer SBS please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 222 1551 • Option 5.