Statement in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This statement is updated regularly, following latest Government announcements and guidelines. It sets out the steps that School Business Services is taking to help keep staff safe from the Coronavirus and therefore maintain as consistent service offering as possible. Also contained within are the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity for School Business Services and your school.
What is SBS doing?
- Introduced hybrid working at our Head Office in Poole and regional Milton Keynes Office, to reduce the number of staff onsite at any one time
- Require all staff to comply with the latest Government advice on wearing face coverings.
- Require all staff to ensure that they are up-to-date and compliant with the requirements of the schools which they visit.
- Ensure we keep ourselves up to date with Public Health England (PHE) and relaying regular updates and advice to staff
- Advising staff to not enter any school building should they display any symptoms of COVID-19.
What happens if your onsite engineer / consultant is unable to attend site due to COVID-19?As with any type of absence, SBS will do their very best to deploy an alternative member of staff to your school. If, owing to shortage of capacity, we cannot provide another member of staff, we will liaise with you to undertake as many tasks as possible remotely. SBS are experienced in supplying a range of remote support packages and options, therefore this will minimise the impact to your school.
What happens if your school closes to pupils and you are due to receive an onsite visit?SBS will continue to support your school under the original terms and conditions or those set out in the point above.
What happens if your school closes completely and you are due to receive an onsite visit?SBS will still support your staff remotely via the Service Desk channels. All available SBS staff will perform as many tasks and checks as possible, whilst remaining available to school remote workers, therefore minimising the impact to the school and workload when the school reopens.
As a company we are keen to ensure that we are supporting staff, schools and partners wherever possible. We want to thank you for your support and understanding in relation to the steps we are taking.