It’s been an extraordinary 6 months. One none of us will easily forget. And as we move into results-season and a new school year, I think things are going to get even more extraordinary.
For example, when GDPR came into effect 2 years ago, no one imagined the demands that would be made on school Data Protection Officers (DPOs):
- Exam Results – and students seeking their data
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) for conducting SLT and GB meetings online.
- DPIAs when implementing new software and Apps.
- Parents submitting Subject Access Requests (SARs) on behalf of their children.
- Third-parties submitting Freedom of Information (FOI) requests to uncover specific information about a specific school.
- How a school stores, handles and processes data has never been under greater scrutiny. Especially now as students begin to receive their exam-results. Some may ask for the data that ‘sits behind it’.
We’ve created a short checklist, to help schools deal with such requests.
Judicium Education acts as DPO to over 1200 schools and academies. Tell me more