We understand that every school is different, and our finance services can range from fully comprehensive school business management, to occasional consultancy just when you need it.
Service levels for schools and academies
We offer three simple, core service levels to help you choose, and can then adapt your Service Level Agreement to match your school needs:
Unlimited Service Desk support
Service Desk plus 3 onsite consultancy days per year
Ad-hoc onsite consultancy visits
Should your school require more than 3 visits per year this can be included in our bespoke contract service by adding further blocks of days.
Onsite finance consultancy
Our schools are able to use consultancy visits as they choose to meet the school strategy, but we suggest a structured plan is put in place to maximise the investment. Visits will be scheduled by the finance consultant assigned to each school and will be agreed with the Headteacher, Bursar or School Business Manager.
How SBS can support you
Using a combination of bursary, remote and consultancy approaches, the SBS team can support your school in these key tasks:
- 3/5 year strategic planning ensuring linkage to the School Development Plan
- Monthly salary and budget monitoring including reporting to SLT and governors
- Assistance with Ofsted reports and preparation of financial reports to parents
- Monthly health check on finance systems ensuring data integrity
- Validate financial data as required
- Assist with preparation of CFR
- Ensure continuing compliance with SFVS and FMGS
- Maximise income generation through potential fundraising and bid writing
- Ensure best value for contracts, tendering and service level agreements
- Contribute to the vision and mission of the school
- Support the senior management team regarding financial and personnel advice
- Collaborative work with other schools ensuring resources are used to their full potential
Finance service desk support for schools and academies
SBS Finance Service Desk Support is provided by experienced education sector financial consultants.
We operate a dedicated helpdesk that is manned by experienced financial consultants, ensuring an immediate and appropriate response.
Service desk support is available for finance-related queries and issues with most school accounting systems, such as FMS, RM Finance, PS Financials, Corero and Sage.
Through the use of secure remote support software we are able to access your systems (with permission) to help identify issues, provide solutions and ensure resolution.
Find out more →
School business management services
SBS also offers a range of school business management services including consultancy, bid writing, SFVS, audits, health checks and training.
Find out more →