As July arrives, a reminder to schools that SBS can provide a convenient, cost-effective School Asset Disposal service.
Ideal for spring cleaning around the Easter holidays or the summer break, school asset disposal is an important housekeeping task to clear out unused electrical items in a responsible, compliant manner.
Our service and pricing
We offer a convenient, free of charge ICT recycling service based on a minimum criteria. This includes the supply of all legal documentation (waste transfer note, certificate of recycle).
We will collect the following hardware quantities free of charge:
- i5 processor or newer PCs, laptops or servers – Minimum requirement of 5 complete units – For every 5 units collected, a total of 2 pallets inclusive of the above items are included within the free collection.
- Core2duo processor or newer PCs laptops or servers – Minimum requirement of 10 complete units – For every 10 units collected, a total of 2 pallets inclusive of the above items are included within the free collection.
We can still collect hardware for small nominal fee if you don’t meet the above criteria:
- ICT WEEE – £85 per pallet
- Mixed WEEE – £115 per pallet
- Smartboards – 89” and below – £115 per 4 | 89” and above – £225 per 4
We also collect Hazardous Waste – £40 if applicable
Upgrading learning technology
To prepare the school premises for the autumn term, our service enables you to recycle a range of unused items. Do you have any of the following that you could clear out?
- PCs (monitors, stacks and any USB accessories)
- Printing and scanning hardware
- Tablets and phones
- Servers and networking devices
- Learning technology and cameras
Furthermore, in the modern age of computing technology, it is only natural that most computer & ICT systems are constantly being upgraded to be able to keep up with the demand for newer technology, meet the latest market trends and to serve the current academic curriculum.
We advised on the latest and best value hardware for the wonderful New Barn School (as seen installed above) – see our case study
If you would like to discuss your School Asset Disposal requirements or assess your current education technology to plan upgrades, speak to Sam and Janice in the SBS Procurement Team who will be happy to advise. Call us on 0345 222 1551 • Option 7 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.