The date for the Spring 2016 Census is Thursday 21st January 2016
We will be publishing the school census documentation at the beginning of the new year, however, should you require an onsite consultancy visit to help you with the running of the school census or wish to book our Census Remote Service then please call us on 0345 222 1551 • option 3 or email the SIMS Service Desk.
In order to run the Spring Census, your SIMS system will need to be on version 7.166. There is also a new updated fileset (223) which solves a number of validation issues.
Download the Zip file and then follow the instructions below to update SIMS
Downloading and Applying a Fileset
- Save the ZIP file to an available folder; it doesn’t matter what folder is chosen as the ZIP does not contain any sensitive data.
- Extract (unzip) the .mfs file to an available folder, it is fine to use the same folder as that where you downloaded the ZIP.
- Open SIMS and select Tools | Setups | Import Fileset.
- You can use the browse to select the .mfs file.
- A rectangle outlining the content of the Fileset will appear. If you are happy with the content you should click Import Fileset button.
- A message will appear in the rectangle to indicate that the Fileset is being imported.
- When the import is complete a message will pop up reminding you that you should restart SIMS.
- After you have restarted SIMS you will see the new Fileset number displayed in the School Census routine.
Should you wish us to import the fileset for you please contact us on 0345 222 1551 • option 3 or email MISservicedesk@schoolbusinessservices.co.uk