School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD) September 2016
Please be advised that the School Teachers’ Review Body has published its 26th report on the recommended changes to the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD) for September 2016.
The recommendations still need to go through the consultation and parliamentary process but we do not anticipate any changes to the recommendations.
Once the document is published we will confirm arrangements, but this is not expected until the beginning of September.
The School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions recommendations are as follows:
- 1% uplift to the minima and maxima of all classroom teacher pay ranges and leadership pay ranges in the national pay framework, and to classroom teacher allowances (TLRs and SEN).
- No change to the STPCD in relation to non-consolidated payments.
- On ‘stepping down’ – no change to the provisions in the STPCD on arrangements for upper pay range teachers.
- The Department includes a section in the statutory guidance making clear that a salary advance scheme for rental deposit is one of a number of tools that schools might consider for aiding recruitment or retention, and provide detailed advice on the implementation of such schemes on the DfE web pages.
- WALES ONLY – Welsh Education Workforce Council (EWC) fee – subject to receiving appropriate assurances from the Welsh Government on the future fee structure, the Secretary of State should at a later date remove the relevant provision from the STPCD.
If you would like to discuss how you should proceed with SBS Online, or would like any assistance, please call the Service Desk on 0345 222 1551 • Option 8 or email us at email@example.com