If so, you will need to add the school closure as an Exceptional Circumstance in SIMS using the ‘#’ code.
Creating an Exceptional Circumstance in SIMS
- Select Focus | Attendance (or Lesson Monitor) | Exceptional Circumstances
- Click the New button to display the Create an Exceptional Circumstance page
- Enter the dates e.g. from 08/06/2017 AM to 08/06/2017 PM
- By default the Group Type is displayed as Whole School. If a different group is required, select this from the drop-down list and then click on Search to refresh the display.
- Select the required Attendance code from the drop-down list i.e. #
- Enter the reason in the Description field e.g. School used as Polling Station
- Highlight the pupils/students e.g. Whole School
- Click the Apply button; you will see a message confirming that the marks have been applied.
If you require any assistance with this process please call us on 0345 222 1551 • Option 3 or email the SIMS Service Desk.