Developed from the popular SIMS Office User course, SIMS Basics is the ideal beginners course for finding your way around the system and performing frequent tasks, such as:
- looking up student information
- making adjustments to student details
- sending letters home
- dealing with leavers and admissions.
- responding to information received about students and contacts
Upcoming SIMS Basics courses
SIMS Basics Webinar
Webinar dates: 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th October 2020 – 10am – 11am
SIMS Basics Webinar is the ideal beginners overview for finding your way around the system and performing frequent tasks
1 hour presentation, 15 minutes Q&A | See key areas in SIMS in real time
Certificate provided on completion | All four remote sessions must be completed
£125 + VAT for all 4 sessions
Contact our team →
Full day London training course – TBC
Location: London – Swiss Cottage School, Development & Research Centre
Full Day Course with refreshments and a buffet lunch included – 10am to 4pm
Contact our team → See venue information →
SIMS Basics for NQTs
SBS has created a remotely delivered training course to provide basic skills for NQTs to navigate SIMS.
Upcoming 2020 dates
|Module 1 – Teacher Basics – Initial Activities
This module covers the key elements to finding your way around SIMS.
- Familiarisation with SIMS/Permissions
- Where to find help
- Configuring your homepage
- Finding a pupil’s details
- Quick Search
- Student Teacher View
|Monday 5th October 2020
2pm – 2:45pm
|Module 2 – Teacher Basics – Further Pupil Activities
This module will explore your view and taking the register.
- Investigating the links menu
- Setting extra column for your register
- Taking the register
- Adding behaviour/achievement records
|Tuesday 6th Octoberr 2020
2pm – 2:45pm
|Module 3 – Teacher Basics – Reports and Assessments
This module will investigate Assessment and your timetable.
- Running basic reports
- Running student list reports
- Accessing assessment and entering grades (grade distribution)
- What if i can’t see my timetable?
|Wednesday 7th October 2020
2pm – 2:45pm
Can’t attend these dates?
We can also deliver training at your school!
- new users of SIMS in the school office
- new recruits
- existing staff with new responsibilities
- Looking for a job in a school? This course is ideal to give you the SIMS knowledge required to flourish
No previous knowledge of SIMS is required, making this an ideal beginners course.
Course prices & current offers →
Should you require any further information please talk to us on 0345 222 1551 • option 3.
To reserve a space on this course please complete the booking form and email to email@example.com