Handling a School Closure in SIMS – Snow!
It’s starting to look a bit like Christmas with snow falling all around us, but whilst it’s lovely to look at from the comfort of your home, it can also cause havoc for schools and it might be necessary to close your school.
Whilst we can’t help much with that (we’re not the greatest with spades here!) we can at least help you reflect this in your SIMS system.
Creating an Exceptional Circumstance in SIMS
- Select Focus | Attendance (or Lesson Monitor) | Exceptional Circumstances
- Click the ‘New’ button to display the Create an Exceptional Circumstance page
- Enter the dates e.g. from 11/12/2017 AM to 11/12/2017 PM
- By default the Group Type is displayed as Whole School. If a different group is required, select this from the drop down list and then click on ‘Search’ to refresh the display.
- Select the required Attendance code from the drop down list i.e. Y
- Enter the reason in the Description field e.g. School is closed due to snow
- Highlight the pupils/students e.g. Whole School
- Click the ‘Apply’ button; you will see a message confirming that the marks have been applied.
If you require any assistance with this process please call us on 0345 222 1551 • Option 3 or email MISservicedesk@schoolbusinessservices.co.uk