Internal Scrutiny for Academy Trusts
Has your academy arranged your internal scrutiny
partner for the next academic year?
Our Finance & Accountancy Service can support academies and MATs with Internal Scrutiny.
Our qualified, experienced consultants will:
- provide independent assurance to your stakeholders
- work with you to plan a programme of scrutiny and schedule of visits to suit you
- provide you with a comprehensive and objective report following each visit detailing findings and recommendations
“Working with SBS on the Internal Scrutiny work has been exactly what we needed. The work was well planned, prepared and engaged with every school of our Trust."Click here to read the full testimonial
Our programme of scrutiny can include:
Budgeting & Returns
Funding & Forecasting
MIS & Reporting
Month End Process
Staffing & Payroll
Health & Safety
Why is Internal Scrutiny required for Academy Trusts?
As updated in the Academy Trust Handbook (formerly Academies Financial Handbook), the internal audit programme must be completed by a different organisation to the one that completes your annual external audit. To see what has changed this year, download this handy guide.
Programme Spotlight: ICT Internal Scrutiny
We have the experience and expertise to:
- complete a full internal ICT systems (Server infrastructure review)
- health check all important hardware components on your servers and checks for failures
- a full report is provided with advice covering no less than 15 critical scrutiny checks
You may be interested in