Don’t have the time to call HMRC and wait on hold for what feels like forever to check your tax code or inform them of a change of address?
HMRC have now created the personal tax account service which allows you to check the main information they hold for you.
This service enables you to:
- Check your tax code and income tax estimate
- Fill in, send and view a personal tax return
- Claim a tax refund
- Check and manage your tax credits
- Check your State Pension
- Track tax forms that you’ve submitted online
- Check or update benefits you get from work, e.g. company car details and medical insurance
If you would like to create a personal tax account go to gov.uk and follow the instructions. When setting up your personal tax account you will need to have access to either your passport, a recent payslip or your current P60. Remember to keep a note of your user ID number and password as you will need this each time you log in.
For more information and advice please contact the Service Desk on 0345 222 1551 • Option 6 or email email@example.com