Exams PI Report Problem
It has been found that the fileset 1001 causes a problem for one of the reports in the Exams PI and it has therefore been withdrawn. The existence of this fileset may be unknown to you since filesets are normally for the censuses and we didn’t mention it on this blog, so hopefully for the vast majority of you this won’t be a problem.
However, if you have imported the 1001 fileset a new fileset called fileset 1002 has been released which will resolve this problem.
Remember, you only need this if you imported fileset 1001 into your system already, or if you wanted to dry run your October Census really early!
Downloading and Applying a Fileset
- Save the ZIP file to an available folder; it doesn’t matter what folder is chosen as the ZIP does not contain any sensitive data.
- Extract (unzip) the .mfs file to an available folder, it is fine to use the same folder as that where you downloaded the ZIP.
- Open SIMS and select Tools | Setups | Import Fileset.
- You can use the browse to select the .mfs file.
- A rectangle outlining the content of the Fileset will appear. If you are happy with the content you should click ‘Import Fileset’ button.
- A message will appear in the rectangle to indicate that the Fileset is being imported.
- When the import is complete a message will pop up reminding you that you should restart SIMS.
- After you have restarted SIMS you will see the new Fileset number displayed in the Statutory Returns applications.
Should you wish us to import the fileset for you or you have any questions please contact our SIMS Service Desk on 0345 222 1551 • Option 3 or email MISservicedesk@schoolbusinessservices.co.uk