Counting down to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Posted 3rd May 2018
GDPR comes into force on 25th May and we can help you audit who has access to your SIMS data.We can investigate your SIMS database remotely to audit user permissions and module use. We will look at System Manager and produce a report on user access so that you can decide if these permissions are correct. We will also have a look across the various modules such as Behaviour Management, Performance analysis, Assessment, Attendance, Personnel, and produce information on where our consultants feel the school could make better use of the tools within SIMS. This process can be undertaken for you either using a half day of your Service Level Agreement allowance or by purchasing the service @ £200.
The SIMS Parent Lite app - supports GDPR data accuracy by collecting the most up-to-date data on pupils and parents.The app provides schools with the ability to send notifications to parents reminding them to update their details, as well as supporting the safe transfer of any data and the upkeep of what is collected. We can install and set up the system for £95 and can produce training for the product using SLA allowance or the school can purchase training as required. Click here to download the SIMS Parent Lite app flyer.
The key benefits are as follows:
- Reduce need for paper data collection sheets and manual entry of data
- Cost and efficiency savings
- Allowing parents to easily update their children’s and own information
- Administrators approve before changes are made in SIMS
- Full audit trail in SIMS of all data collection sheet requests and actions
- Only Contacts with Parental responsibility AND live at same address as student can access the Data collection sheet
As always, let us know if you have any questions on 0345 222 1551 • Option 3 or email email@example.com