Y Code - Exceptional Circumstances for COVID-19
Posted 16th March 2020
Y CODE - Exceptional Circumstances for COVID-19 - Self-Isolating PupilsPlease follow the instructions below for entering a Y Code for Self-Isolating Pupils.
Creating an Exceptional Circumstance in SIMS
- Select Focus | Attendance (or Lesson Monitor) | Exceptional Circumstances
- Click the 'New' button to display the Create an Exceptional Circumstance page
- Enter the dates e.g. from 11/03/2020 AM to 11/03/2020 PM
- By default the Group Type is displayed as Whole School. If a different group is required, select this from the drop down list and then click on 'Search' to refresh the display.
- Select the required Attendance code from the drop down list i.e. Y
- Enter the reason in the Description field
- Highlight the pupils/students e.g. Whole School
- Click the 'Apply' button; you will see a message confirming that the marks have been applied.
If you receive confirmation that a pupil has a confirmed case of COVID-19, they should be recorded as absent using the I code for Illness, as you would normally. If you require any assistance with this process please call us on 0345 222 1551 • Option 3 or email MISservicedesk@schoolbusinessservices.co.uk