Y CODE – Exceptional Circumstances for COVID-19 – Self-Isolating Pupils
Please follow the instructions below for entering a Y Code for Self-Isolating Pupils.
Creating an Exceptional Circumstance in SIMS
- Select Focus | Attendance (or Lesson Monitor) | Exceptional Circumstances
- Click the ‘New’ button to display the Create an Exceptional Circumstance page
- Enter the dates e.g. from 11/03/2020 AM to 11/03/2020 PM
- By default the Group Type is displayed as Whole School. If a different group is required, select this from the drop down list and then click on ‘Search’ to refresh the display.
- Select the required Attendance code from the drop down list i.e. Y
- Enter the reason in the Description field
- Highlight the pupils/students e.g. Whole School
- Click the ‘Apply’ button; you will see a message confirming that the marks have been applied.
Please note that you will need to remove any marks that are already entered in the pupils attendance, as Exceptional Circumstances will not overwrite any marks that are already entered for that date range
If you receive confirmation that a pupil has a confirmed case of COVID-19, they should be recorded as absent using the I code for Illness, as you would normally.
If you require any assistance with this process please call us on 0345 222 1551 • Option 3 or email MISservicedesk@schoolbusinessservices.co.uk