Temporary attendance codes have been made available to help schools report back to the DfE.
Capita have produced Patch 25870 that will temporarily make codes 7,8,9 and Y available within Edit Marks or on the Take Register screen for teachers to use (at the school’s discretion).
These codes will work in conjunction with the SBS COVID-19 reports we recently released and will help you submit your daily SAGE form. SBS are working hard to apply this patch right now to all of our schools. If we need to contact you regarding this we will be in touch shortly, so don’t worry you’re on the list!
The patch will:
- Make temporary attendance code 7 (Illness due to COVID-19) available, including availability at a pupil session level
- Make temporary attendance code 8 (Self isolating due to COVID-19) available, including availability at a pupil session level.
- Make temporary attendance code 9 (Shielding due to COVID-19) available, including availability at a pupil session level
- Make temporary attendance code Y (Unable to attend due to exceptional circumstances) including availability at a pupil session level; it had previously only been available from menu route Focus | Attendance/Lesson Monitor | Exceptional Circumstances
All these codes are added in such a way that they appear for use within the Edit Marks functionality of SIMS but not on the register. If schools wish to allow their teachers to be able to use some or all of the codes on the Take Register screen they will need to edit the settings.
Schools should follow the advice below to change the settings.
In SIMS follow the route Tools | Setups | Attendance Setups | Codes | Maintain Codes, highlight one of the new codes and Click the Edit button. Within the Edit Code box tick the Basic box and click Ok and Save.
If you already have codes 7,8 and 9 in use the patch will not affect these and simply update the Y code instead.
You can find the SBS COVID-19 Reports and instructions by clicking the link below:
If you require any assistance please call us on 0345 222 1551 • Option 3 or email MISservicedesk@schoolbusinessservices.co.uk
Previous SBS communications relating to COVID-19
- New Attendance Reports for SIMS from SBS
- Academies BFRO cancelled
- Summer Census is cancelled!
- Coronavirus financial support available
- Beware of coronavirus email scams
- SIMS ID Lite and additional resources for SIMS users
- Weduc Home School Learning Essentials for Free!
- Reporting on staff and student absences due to the Coronavirus
- Keyworkers information on School Closures
- Home School Resources
- Remote working solutions available for staff and students
- SIMS instructions for entering a Y Code for Self-Isolating Pupils
- SBS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
- We are also taking requests for #SBSEduWebinars