As of today, the 14th January 2020, Microsoft will no longer be supporting Windows 7!
What does this mean?
- Microsoft will no longer create and push out Windows updates
- There will be no more security updates from Microsoft
- Microsoft will no longer be offering customer support for Windows 7
How will this affect schools and MATs?
- Windows 7 will become more vulnerable to security risks
- Your data will be at risk due to no more security updates
- Hackers may find it easier to use malware to invade, damage or disable the machine
UK officials have released a statement warning Windows 7 users not to do internet banking or send emails after today, the 14th January 2020.
This warning was issued by the National Cyber Security Centre, which is part of the Britain’s intelligence agency GCHQ.
Advice and support available
We recommend that all schools upgrade or replace all Windows 7 devices ASAP. Please contact your ICT service provider to discuss options to complete this.
Further SBS support for your school or MAT
We provide onsite, offsite and online services to support your finance, staff and vision.
MIS support for Arbor, SIMS and ScholarPack
Do you need technical support and expert MIS guidance to manage your school data? Our accredited MIS team provides support for Arbor, Capita SIMS and ScholarPack.
SBS Budgets – Accessed anywhere via SBS Online
Used by over 1000 schools, SBS Budgets is a secure, cloud-based budget management system that saves planning time and gives staff confidence in their spending decisions.