The end of Windows 7 and what this means for ICT security
As of today, the 14th January 2020, Microsoft will no longer be supporting Windows 7!
What does this mean?
- Microsoft will no longer create and push out Windows updates
- There will be no more security updates from Microsoft
- Microsoft will no longer be offering customer support for Windows 7
How will this affect schools and MATs?
- Windows 7 will become more vulnerable to security risks
- Your data will be at risk due to no more security updates
- Hackers may find it easier to use malware to invade, damage or disable the machine
Advice and support availableWe recommend that all schools upgrade or replace all Windows 7 devices ASAP. Please contact your ICT service provider to discuss options to complete this.
Further SBS support for your school or MATWe provide onsite, offsite and online services to support your finance, staff and vision.
MIS support for Arbor, SIMS and ScholarPackDo you need technical support and expert MIS guidance to manage your school data? Our accredited MIS team provides support for Arbor, Capita SIMS and ScholarPack.
Find out more → Contact us →
SBS Budgets - Accessed anywhere via SBS OnlineUsed by over 1000 schools, SBS Budgets is a secure, cloud-based budget management system that saves planning time and gives staff confidence in their spending decisions.
Find out more → Book a demo →