Academies BFRO cancelled
Posted 23rd April 2020
Update on submitting returns to the ESFA in 2020In order to ensure effective financial oversight of public funds, Academy Trusts must monitor and manage their own budgets. The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) reviews Academy Trusts’ budget projections and actual results to ensure that the estimations of the future funding requirements are accurate. To do this, a Budget Forecast Return Outturn (BFRO) is required to be submitted in May each year with the Budget Forecast Return (BFR) due in July each year. It was therefore expected that the next submission would be the BFRO in May. However, Academies will no longer have to submit this next month after the government cancelled the collection because of the coronavirus outbreak. As a result, it has been confirmed that the next scheduled financial return will be the three-year Budget Forecast Return. This information is to be submitted online and the form will be available to use from 23rd June 2020. The information you provide will enable the ESFA to review financial trends in the sector and forecast future financial years. For more information, support and queries about the Academies BFRO, please contact the service desk on 0345 222 1551 • Option 2, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous SBS communications relating to COVID-19 and School Closures
- Summer Census is cancelled!
- Coronavirus financial support available
- Beware of coronavirus email scams
- SIMS ID Lite and additional resources for SIMS users
- Weduc Home School Learning Essentials for Free!
- Reporting on staff and student absences due to the Coronavirus
- Keyworkers information on School Closures
- Home School Resources
- Remote working solutions available for staff and students
- SIMS instructions for entering a Y Code for Self-Isolating Pupils
- SBS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
- We are also taking requests for #SBSEduWebinars
Thinking about your school timetable?Have you seen our remote training courses beginning at the end of April? We are also providing 50% off all SIMS Webinars!
Contacting the SBS team at homeOur Service Desks continue to operate as usual. For all Finance & Business, ICT, MIS, Budgeting, HR and Procurement enquiries please call 0345 222 1551.
We are continuing to deliver remote demonstrations for SBS Budgets - you can book yours using our form.
See our full Finance support