SIMS ID Lite and additional resources for SIMS users
Posted 31st March 2020
Did you know SIMS ID Lite is available to SIMS customers at no extra charge?In addition to providing single sign-in for applications such as SIMS Parent and Options it also provides links to the virtual classroom functionality from Microsoft Office 365 and Google Classroom. Microsoft Office 365
- SIMS ID can automatically transfer data from SIMS to Microsoft Teams enabling staff, pupils, classes and rosters so that teams is always up-to-date and enabling personal and remote learning as described in the blog.
- SIMS ID can provision and manage Office 365 users and groups from SIMS without making complex network changes. It is designed to be managed by a non-IT-Technician. This means that when a pupil / teacher etc is entered in SIMS within an hour they will have an office365 and/or google account and can be provided with their mail address and initial password.
- SIMS ID can enable assessments taken in Microsoft OneNote Class Notebook to populate SIMS Assessment manager at the touch of a button.
- SIMS ID can provision and manage Google users from SIMS without making complex network changes. It is designed to be managed by a non-IT-Technician. This means that when a pupil / teacher etc is entered in SIMS within an hour they will have an office365 and/or google account and can be provided with their mail address and initial password. Google Classroom tools work based on these users and groups.
- SIMS ID can enable assessments taken in the Google Gradebook GradeSync Pilot to populate SIMS Assessment manager at the touch of a button.
Useful links and resources for SIMS usersCapita have set up a new link on their service portal that does not require a sign-in, meaning all their previous material is available to all. There is also an extra link at the top to resources that might help in the current circumstances (Yellow tag). Much of these resources are documents or videos. They have also set up daily webinars in addition to their usual programme, though they require the usual registration to access the link to join. Click here for the resources From top tips, parental engagement and supporting everyday use to resources for the current situation, you'll find this page jammed packed with helpful guidance. Again, if you require any assistance please call us on 0345 222 1551 • Option 3 or email MISservicedesk@schoolbusinessservices.co.uk
Previous SBS communications relating to COVID-19 and School Closures
- Weduc Home School Learning Essentials for Free!
- Reporting on staff and student absences due to the Coronavirus
- Keyworkers information on School Closures
- Home School Resources
- Remote working solutions available for staff and students
- SIMS instructions for entering a Y Code for Self-Isolating Pupils
- SBS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
- We are also taking requests for #SBSEduWebinars
We are continuing to deliver remote demonstrations for SBS Budgets - you can book yours using our form.
See our full MIS support