Preparing for a New Year - Primary
SBS has created a remotely delivered training course called SIMS Preparing for the new year to help provide staff with the skills to create and prepare the new Academic Year in SIMS.
This module covers the key elements to prepare for the new academic year.
- Creating the academic year
- Changing the pastoral structure
- The role of N1 and N2 in the nursery
- Pastoral Promotion
- Admissions into the nursery and reception
This session will provide the other activities required to prepare for the new academic year.
- Dealing with leavers
- Dealing with non arrivals
- Housekeeping activities
- Pupil Premium
- Dealing with Missing data
Staff with responsibility for preparing SIMS for the new school year.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- create a new academic year and set up the school diary
- record changes to teaching staff
- make pastoral structure adjustments including creating new class group
- undertake pastoral promotion routines to update year group and class group memberships for the new school year and print class lists
- create new intake groups and pre-admission groups including the import of data from the LA ATF and CTFs
- process leavers
- perform general housekeeping routines
- producing required reports
Should you require any further information please talk to us on 0345 222 1551 - Option 3
or email email@example.com
To reserve a space on this course please complete the booking form below.